Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Vindicator -- Sleeping with Evil E.P review


                                       

I've been meaning to review this but I forgot to but as you can see I remembered. This E.P rips from beginning to end. Vindicator has been band I actually re-discovered. So once I finally got back into them and discovering they got Vic Stown on vocals I was even more of a fan of them now than before. So let’s get into the review.

The Succubus is a cool intro opener to this E.P. Then you get hit with the opening riffs of Sleeping With Evil it’s pure headbanging from then on out. Vic’s vocals at time reminds me of John Connely of Nuclear Assault and at other times Dave Mustaine. Riff wise it’s pretty solid thrashy but also catchy riffs.

Hockey Stick Vengeance is fast paced thrash song definitely with a bit of tongue and cheek humor in it “smashing your face with a hockey stick is the only tool I need.” In a live setting I could definitely see the crowd really like this one, and who wouldn't?

New Clear Assault: End of an Error this is a re-recording because this song is from Let There Be Blood. This was actually the first Vindicator song I ever heard quite a few years ago. The intro they added was really cool, now this is my favorite version of this song. I think the vocals and production is way better. If this song doesn't get you headbanging or going crazy then I feel sorry for you.

The last three tracks Destruction of Justice is a cool instrumental with a very cool solo. Rampage is a demo and it sounds pretty good. The last song is “Vindicator” live.

I don’t have anything really negative to say about this. It’s a great E.P and I think the songs are solid. The production is really good it’s still raw but it’s also clear so nothing really sounds muddy. The only tracks that don’t have the same production are obviously the demo and live track.

Why Vindicator aren't more known? I have no idea, they are way better than Havok and a lot of other bands. They have great songs and catchy riffs. Buy this E.P you won’t be disappointed and check out their back catalog.    9/10




2 comments:

  1. Totally agree with you ! Awesome band and EP, and cleary better than other Havok ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How does one, get a review done by "Metal Warfare" ?
    Because, there is some music I would like to send you, to check out.

    You can contact me back at pestilentdeath666@yahoo.com
    if your interested.

    Thanks for your time.

    -Gabriel

    ReplyDelete