Friday, February 27, 2015

Dr. Living Dead! -- Crush the Sublime Gods review


DR. Living Dead! is a crossover thrash band from Sweden. I haven’t heard them in years! The last album I heard from them was the self-titled album and the thrashing the law demos. So I was very interested to hear this album. I was expecting it to be like their older stuff but this album was different. They aren't trying out another style but there is some new elements that I really like.

This album starts out with a cool intro with news clips and then we go right into the title track. Were hit with some really crunchy thrash riffs. On this song we have more of a hardcore punk type of vocals which then changes into a more melodic vocals that remind me of Mike Muir. This will definitely get the crowd going into a violent mosh. TEAMxDeadx has a really catchy thrash riff. The vocals are spewed out with pure adrenaline.




Scanners is another one of my favorites. It kinda has a Slayer type of riff just a furious assault. The song Salvation slows it down and I really like this song. It’s an instrumental but it still fits the album. The last song Wake Up.. Join the dead. Is very heavy and it’s a fist banger type of song. It has it’s fast parts for sure and it has a really cool melodic guitar part I really enjoyed. Going into this album I was expecting just always pure speed but it did have some really cool different elements that I liked a lot. The production is really good on this album. It's raw and aggressive but all the instruments are heard quite well.       

 9/10

https://www.facebook.com/drlivingdeadofficial

No comments:

Post a Comment