Saturday, December 7, 2013

Monolith -- two song preview, mini review

                                                    (Artwork for the new album)




I got this preview CD when they through it out to the crowd at one of their shows. I was excited to see how this new material sounds! So lets get on to the review!

1. The first song "Bring the pit" clocks in at 7:20 It's a pretty fast song it's pretty much comprised of Bay Area type riffing the first thing I thought about was Battery by Metallica. So it's fast and song is good however I have one minor complaint. It's too long of a song for me. Now this is just me I don't like really long songs I think if they would have maybe cut a few pieces off for example the slow chugging part instead of six times it could have been three or something I don't know I personally think the song would have been a bit better. The solos are great though! The drums sound good also! So I'm not totally knocking it because it's not a bad song just not my favorite.

2. This song "Being led blind" clocks in at 5:23. This song really caught my attention from the first part it's kinda mellow but it keeps a good pace. Then you get into this build up part which I thought was really cool. Then you get a mid pace riff and then the drums kick in and then the whole band. There's a bit of Pantera type guitar squeals in the song also. The guitarist and vocalist Kris does a very good job on this song. The drummer Jeremy does some great drumming through out the song also.

Production wise to me it sounds pretty much the same from their old demo  So the productions is good and the songs are overall very good. So keep on the look out for their new album that should be coming out hopefully by next year?  I don't know to tell you the truth but until then just keep waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment