Monday, March 19, 2012

Victor Whipstriker interview

Victor Whipstriker interview!!


1. So how would you define your sound some people say it’s Metal Punk other says it’s Heavy Metal or is your style just like what it says on your album Crude Rock N’ Roll?

Victor: I think is better don´t talk about styles. I like many different stuffs, then I try to put all influeces on Whipstriker´sound. I like from 70´S Rock n´Roll to Death Metal, including Punk, Crust, Thrash, NWOBHM etc. The first album is completely Rock n Roll, the demos are crust. The new stuff sounds like Motorhead meets Bathory. Metalpunk is the better word to define this mixing I think. But if you want you can call us Loud guys. That´s all.

2. Does Brazil have a pretty big Metal scene?

Victor: Brazil is a very big country. So we have a lot of good metal scenes here. In the other hand, there are a lot of empty areas too. But yeah, if you have a band you can play many gigs in Brazil, all the states have a good scene. São Paulo, for exemple, is very big state. There are more than 15 cities there where you can play very good gigs. My city Rio de Janeiro has many good shows and bands too. Some ass-holes can say that we don´t have a good scene. But this people do nothing to get better. They stay their homes complaining about the scene. Fuck them, they´re stuppid people.

3. I hear an Venom/Motorhead influence, have those band's influenced you?

Victor: From 70´s Rock n Roll I can say Thin Lizzy, UFO, Captain Beyond, Grand Funk Railroad, Free, Wishbone Ash etc. From Thrash, Kreator, Destruction, Sodom, Sacrifice, Slayer, Possessed, Violent Force, Nuclear Assault etc. From Death/Black Metal, Morbid Angel, Autopsy, Death, Mantas, Hellhammer, Benediction, Devastation,Bathory, etc. From NWOBHM, Venom, Motorhead, Warfare, Diamond Head, Iron Maiden, Tygers of Pan Tang, Holocaust, Tank, etc. From Crust/Punk I like Anti-Cimex, Discharge, Crude SS, Black Uniforms, GBH, Varukers,etc. 




4. Are you in other bands or is Whipstriker your only band?

Victor: I play in the other band Called Farscape since 1998. It´s a Thrash Metal band in vein of Kreator. I play in Atomic Roar too, it´s a metalpuk band in vein of Warfare. I played in Diabolic Force, but the band is over now, it´s a oldschool black metal band in vein of Celtc Frost, Hellhammer, Bathory etc.
5. So on the Toxic Holocaust DVD Brazilian Slaughter 2006 your playing bass did you play bass for just that one show or the whole tour? Also how did you meet Joel was he already a fan of Whipstriker and called you up or did you just meet him somewhere and then you played bass for the tour?


Victor: I have contact with Joel since 2001 when he sent me his first demo. He already knew my other band Farscape, so he sent me some stuffs. So when he came to Brazil he invited me to play bass on tour. I played 3 gigs with Toxic Holocaust. Was very good, I had a good experience that time. Very thanx the support bro! Keep on touch. If someone wants to hear the Whipstriker´song, enter in: www.reverbnation.com/whipstriker
Thanks for the interview Keep making awesome metal \m/
 
 
Whipstriker's facebook page
 
 
 
 
 
I got the picture from Last.Fm ( http://www.last.fm/music/Whipstriker )

No comments:

Post a Comment