Sunday, October 14, 2012

Störmblaast Interview

  Looking from some quality Metal from Norway?? Look no further Stormblaast are new band that are Thrashing your brains with their awesome riffs. This interview is with Erik Odin Lie, He is the Lead Guitarist/Bassist and Vocalist.  Writing this I forgot to ask did they get there name from the Dimmu Borgir album/song Stormblast I think they did but I'm not sure since I forgot to ask well here's the interview.

Band line up.  Erik Odin Lie, Lead Guitarist/Bassist/ Vocalist
                      Simen Støle, Bassist/ Rhythm Guitar/
                      Arne-Magnus Fjelle, Drummer





  1. Can you give us a history on how the band started and such.
           
  Erik: Well, it all started out seriously last year, in September actually! I had no one to play my music with until I met our drummer at school! He liked the same music as I, Black Metal, Thrash Metal, Death Metal, Heavy Metal etc. and he was interested in playing drums in a Thrash or Black Metal band and that was pretty much it! So we haven't been around for a long time and we're still 14-15 years old, so we have alot ahead of us!

  1. I listened to your music and it sounds to me like Black/Thrash are you inspired by more of the Norwegian black metal scene and American Thrash or by the First Wave of Black Metal ( Bathory, Venom, Hellhammer ect) and the German Thrash Scene?
         
Erik: Yeah, guess it's a mix between the Norwegian Black Metal and American Thrash! You know, when I write songs, it really shows. My style of rhythm on guitar is very Hetfield-like and very thrashy. Still, when I write the riffs, the melodies becomes a bit obscure and dark, like a Immortal song just with Metallica style of riffing. So that's the main reason, it wasn't like we sat down and decided to play Thrash/Black Metal. I love the First Wave Of Black Metal though. Bathory is a big inspiration! The German Thrash scene is awesome too.

  1. I’m looking forward to hearing and hopefully getting a copy of a new cd your about to release. Can you tell me about the recording of the album and when can we expect to get a copy.

    Erik: Thanks! Ah... The recordings have been...  Improvising pretty much. Started out with just some riffs and drums and vocals. Then I made up harmonies and then I got the idea of using keyboard!
    So, a bit messy, but very cool! I guess we're going to record 5 new songs around Christmas, January etc. but the CD we are soon going to release  lacks some mixing and mastering and small details, but when we are done with that shit, it's coming out! Around November, maybe? :-) But remember, it's a demo and it's very, very, very limited. Only 25 COPIES, but if people like it, maybe we'll make more copies? :-)

  2. Since your in Norway I have to ask this question but have you ever been to Neseblod records or to Helvete?

    Erik: I have never been to Neseblod or Helvete :/

  3. What’s your opinion of the Metal scene today compared to the 80’s or even the 90’s?

    Erik: Well, hard to say.. I think the amount of metalheads have grown, absolutely, but they are less hardcore. The bands that were the mosh-pit starters in the 80's, grew in the 90's and became stadium fillers in the 00's. Like Metallica or Slayer or Anthrax or whatever. And when you have filled up big stadiums or arenas or whatever, you won't get EVERYONE to mosh and thrash around and act like maniacs like in a small venue (unless you're SLAAAYYYEEERRR). But this is very variated I think, I'm not the right person to ask. I know the crowd in Norway is reeeeaaaaaaaally boring compared to for example Chile. 

Ok these are just random questions you can either answer with one sentence or one word your choice.

Mayhem or Burzum

Burzum!   

Death Metal or Black Metal

Well, I'm from Norway... So, Black Metal!

Slipknot

Not a fan at all, even though our drummer is a fan.     

Punk rock

Punk Rock is awesome!

Thank you for your time and for doing this interview. Do you have any last words for the fans?

 Erik: Thank you for taking your time interviewing us! Hope you'll like our new songs and what comes in the future :-) Horns up and bang the head that doesn't bang! \m/

This is their official Facebook page. 

http://www.facebook.com/pages/St%C3%B6rmblaast/154420377999268


Metal warfare fb page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Metal-Warfare/251114111649604?ref=hl
  

No comments:

Post a Comment