Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Festering Saliva Interview

Festering Saliva is a Death Metal band from Germany. Their new album Zeroline is one of the best Death Metal albus I have heard also it's one the best Metal albums of 2012. Here's my interview with Danny Klupp The guitarist of Festering Saliva.






Hello Danny thanks for this doing this interview. So you joined Festering Saliva in 2009 how did you join the band?



Danny: I joined the band in 2009 and I didn`t planned to join a Deathmetalband at that time. When I
firrst heard them I really thought: „What the hell is this ???? I guess I´m the wrong guy for
that band“ Finally I was wrong and became the main songwriter in the band and think
aboout this: I am the only one who`s not listening to Deathmetal at all !!!! Very funny, but it
works fine somehow :-)



   Where you in any other bands before Festering Saliva?



Danny: I played on the first two HAGGARD records („and thou shalt trust the seer“ and „awaking
the centuries“), did a record with TARAXACUM (Edguy-Side projekt) and finally I ended
up as a Session guitarplayer for the big German FolkRockBand SCHANDMAUL. I did a lot
of Tours as Guitartech for many Bands like Blind Guardian or Helloween and came finally
back to become a musician again :-)


What is your Favorite Festering Saliva song to play live?



Danny: Hm, good question …. it`s ZEROLINE and A PHONIC FACIAL for all of us :-) Phonic is
a really bad ass song where everybody in the venue moves his ass !!! No shit : People really
started dancing while we played it !!!! That really shows that it doesn`t matter which kind of
music you play: It just needs to kick ass and A phonic facial definitely does !!!!!



How was the recording of this new album “Zeroline” and do you have a favorite song from the album? The album was released on Oct 19 where can we get the new album?



Danny: We all agreed to record an album which shouldn`t be tooo perfect at all and which shouldn`t
be edited much – even if there will be mistakes on it. I mean it`s an underground album
without a record company support and so it should sound like it !!!! It was the first time,
that we all entered the studio together and you could feel - during the first days - how
insecure we were behaving to each other. It happend very quick – and we are goddamn
proud of that - to find a very cool way working together during the recordings. MÄÄX did
a great job recording and mixing that thing. Any favourite songs on the album : All of
èm :-))))



What bands influence you the most?
Danny: Not really. Best songwriting situation: Some thing bad happnes to you and you need a ventil
to release your aggressions and inner hate. That`s what happend during the sonwriting
process for Zeroline and I guess you can hear that very good on „3minutes“ :-)



Will Festering Saliva ever tour North or South America?



Danny: We would love to Tour there esp Southamerica, but we need to find a Label and then a
promoter who wants us there and pays the flights . If someone wants to book us: Make sure
we get a clean shower, a bed, food,a stage and pay our travelcosts – that`s all you need :-)
We`re a LIVEBAND and we deliver what you order: A brutal live acting show where the
artist moves `till he`s out of breath and give people a moshing and headbanging Metal
show for their money !!!!! I hate bands that play a gig without any move on stage :
HELLO !!!! People payed money for you to play here – so move your fucking asses and
bang your goddamn heads !!!!!




The Internet is in a way a double edge sword to metal you can get your music to more people yet it’s killing the scene what’s your opinion?

 


Danny: I don`t think so !!!! Different internetplattforms allow small bands to spread their
music worldwide, get gigs worldwide and show people that they exist. Even if it`s a lot
of work to bring your band up step by step, it`s worth to do it. I spend more than 6 hours
a day on my Laptop, to work on new contacts, gigs, reviews etc. and even it it all runs
slow: It´s worth to do it !!!! I can see now how my internetklicks rise, people ask me for
interviews, promotion companies give me offers , I get tour offers etc. and that`s all
because I do something for it !!!! I hope to find a Label that signs us and send us on the
road, but if not: I can do the promotion, the online mp3 sales completely myself !!!! Just
need to find a booking agency. O.K. I need to get some money from the banking store,
but it`s not more than you need to buy a new car !!!



Where’s your favorite place to tour and where’s a place you would like to play at?
 


Danny:I do not have any favourite places to go on Tour – I tour everywhere !!! Maybe Indonesia is
a favourite for the band because we have a lot of fans there and I always get mails from
there !!! It would be cool to be there once for a gig and give them something back and I
definiteley have to go to Japan for a gig, because I made a promise to my friend AO
(creative man Tourmanager): „Whenever I´ll be back, then with my own band“ - I am used
to keep my promises !!!!



Ok do you have any last words for the fans?
 


Danny:Kick concert agencys and promoters asses to bring us in your town !!!! You`ll get a headbanging,
moshing, moving or to say it simple - goddamn real METAL Show how it should be: RIGHT IN
YOUR FACE !!!!!! Support the underground !!!! CHEERZ DANNY



                                                                

 

No comments:

Post a Comment